I need more information about Nouvelle Grand Paris transport

Forum dédié aux discussions sur les moyens de transport.

Modérateurs : Rod, Modérateurs

alanfrombigeasy
Kérogène
Kérogène

Re: I need more information about Nouvelle Grand Paris trans

Message par alanfrombigeasy » 25 avr. 2013, 16:35

Is the proposed LGV from CDG to Gare East Paris part of the Nouvelle Grand Paris ?

What will it cost ? Any idea on frequency of service ) just out of town TGV that stop first at CDG or special Paris only shuttle trains. What TGV trains go through CDG ?

What is the status ?

Are there any stops between CDG and Gare Est ? How many km, what time to travel ?

alanfrombigeasy
Kérogène
Kérogène

Message par alanfrombigeasy » 27 avr. 2013, 03:03

In Grenelle. did the carbon savings calculations from the 1,500 km of new tram lines include savings from creating more compact, walkable neighborhoods ? (What we call TOD - Transit Oriented Development).

Best Hopes for France,

Alan

yvesT
Condensat
Condensat

Message par yvesT » 27 avr. 2013, 08:34

Alan,
Not sure there was any formal calculation on this, "le grand Paris" also started with an international architects/urbanists consultation (with plenty of big names such as Jean Nouvel or Richard Rogers), and the densification aspect was present in most of them.
But Paris inner city is already very dense, some part of the first and second ring as well.
Also for instance there are currently quite a few projects for densification of the "cités" (the social housing quarters built in the sixties seventies, which contrary to some quite often perceived ideas aren't that dense at all, typically a FAR(floor area ration) around 0,7 when Paris is around 3,5)
Note : below a document that I find quite interesting regarding density and urban forms with plenty of concrete examples all around France :
http://www.fnau.org/file/news/HabitatFormesUrbaines.pdf
Do you know of some equivalent for the US or other countries ?

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 27 avr. 2013, 12:08

alanfrombigeasy a écrit :One former LNG import terminal in Louisiana, Cheniere, has been granted an export permit, and they have signed a long term deal with the United Kingdom for a good % of their possible production.
The LNG price is based on the US wholesale price (@ Henry Hub, Louisiana).

That may be the only US LNG export terminal. For many years we have exported natural gas by pipeline to Mexico and we are beginning to do so to Eastern Canada.

Environmentalists are opposed to LNG exports because it means more tracking and less substitution for coal in the US. The chemical industry and other industries oppose LNG exports.

The Arthur Berman (ASPO-USA) view is US natural gas prices will climb soon enough to make export unattractive.

And Americans are not concerned about our chronic Balance of Trade deficit. We just print more dollars and hand those to the Chinese et al for goods.

Best Hopes ?

Alan
Thanks for your answer.

An article in Rigzone : America: On the Verge of Exporting LNG

alanfrombigeasy
Kérogène
Kérogène

Message par alanfrombigeasy » 27 avr. 2013, 18:35

YvesT,

When I try to open the pdf file. I get a "corrupt file" message.

Could you attach it to an eMail and send it to alansdrake at g mail period com ?

Thanks,

Alan

yvesT
Condensat
Condensat

Message par yvesT » 27 avr. 2013, 19:25

Alan, try to do a right click save as, and then open it from your computer.
By mail I will only be able to send you this one (12 meg).

Répondre