Le Cuivre

Discussions traitant de l'impact du pic pétrolier sur l'économie.

Modérateurs : Rod, Modérateurs

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Re: Le Cuivre

Message par energy_isere » 05 mai 2019, 14:35

Suite de ce post du 31 mars 2019 http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 5#p2282425

En avance sur le planning 8000 tonnes de minerai de la mine souterraine de Chuquicamata sont déjà sortis depuis début avril.
La mine à ciel ouvert va s'arrêter d'ici un an.
Chile's Codelco kicks off underground mining at Chuquicamata

May 1, 2019

Chile’s Codelco, the world’s No. 1 copper producer, has begun underground operations at its century-old Chuquicamata mine, ahead of schedule and with more than 8,000 tonnes of ore already extracted since early April.

Block-caving, originally planned for May, began at the end of March, the state-owned miner said in a statement. Ore is being initially extracted by truck before starting commercial production, in the second half of the year. By then, a conveyor belt will carry rock to the concentrator plant, 14 km away.

Chuquicamata Division’s general manager, Mauricio Barraza, said that the commencement of mining underground was a “symbolic milestone” in the transformation of the mine, Codelco’s second largest.

The last blast at the bottom of the open pit was carried out in November, though copper extraction goes on. The company has said it plans to gradually decrease activities there until mid-2020, when the very last explosion is projected to happen.

The $5.6 billion-switch to underground cave mining from open pit, part of Codelco’s 10-year, $39 billion-overhaul of its core assets, is expected to extend Chuquicamata’s life by at least 40 years. It will also allow the copper giant to keep up production rates, despite falling ore grades and increasing costs at its operations.

Annual production from “Chuqui” — as locals call it — after it has fully transitioned to underground extraction is projected to be 320,000 tonnes of fine copper and 15,000 tonnes of molybdenum.

Codelco, which hands over all of its profits to the state, holds vast copper deposits, accounting for 10% of the world's known proven and probable reserves and about 11% of the global annual copper output with 1.8 million metric tonnes of production.

Chuquicamata and the nearby by Radomiro Tomic mines produced 653,000 tonnes of the company's total 1.8 million tonnes of output last year, which was almost 4% less than in 2017.

Production decline, together with lower copper prices and higher costs, saw the company's annual profits drop by a third last year to $2 billion, not counting paper losses worth almost $400 million, as it wrote down the value of its assets, including its Ventanas smelter and the open pit at its Salvador division.
http://www.mining.com/chiles-codelco-ki ... quicamata/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 12 mai 2019, 10:57

Suite de ce post du 9 sept 2018 http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 9#p2271989

Des Chinois arrivent avec du financement pour cette future mine de Cuivre qui est le plus gros gisement non exploité en Russie. Projet à plusieurs milliards de dollars.
Mining and processing of ore at Udokan copper project in Russia

Conventional open-pit methods of mining, involving excavators and dump trucks, will be applied at the Udokan copper deposit, which is proposed to be mined in three phases.

The first phase will be carried out between 2021 and 2033 and focus on achieving a production capacity of 12Mtpa. It is expected to produce 130,000t of copper, half of which will be cathode copper and the rest copper concentrate.
Russian state banks VEB.RF, Gazprombank, and Sberbank agreed to provide financing to BMC for the first stage development of the Udokan project in February 2019.

BMC has also signed agreements with Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs, VEB Engineering, and HOPU Investments for financing the copper project.
https://www.compelo.com/energy/projects ... abaikalye/
Baikal secures up to US$1.45B loan to build Udokan copper plant

30 Jan 2019

OAO Metalloinvest spinoff Baikal Mining Co. LLC secured a loan of between US$1.4 billion and US$1.45 billion from a consortium of Russian banks to build a mining and metallurgical plant at its Udokan copper project in Russia, Interfax reported Jan. 29.

The consortium consists of PAO Sberbank of Russia, VEB.RF and AO Gazprombank.

The amount will cover most of the US$2.1 billion required for the first stage of construction, Baikal Chairman Valery Kazikayev was quoted as saying. The company planned a US$100 million investment in the project in 2018.

Construction is scheduled to start in mid-2019, while commissioning is slated for the end of 2021. The plant's annual capacity is expected to reach 12 million tonnes of ore by mid-2022, producing cathode copper and sulfide concentrate.

Udokan is said to be the largest undeveloped copper deposit in Russia, with total reserves of about 26.7 million tonnes.
https://www.spglobal.com/marketintellig ... FQeNjRKzg2

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 02 juin 2019, 12:22

La Zambie veut augmenter les taxes sur la mine de cuivre de Konkola qui est la deuxième plus grosse mine de cuivre du pays. Le minier indien Vedanta s'y oppose catégoriquement.
Zambia increases pressure on Vedanta unit Konkola Copper Mines
Court appoints law firm to act as provisional liquidator for Agarwal-controlled group

MAY 21, 2019. Financialtime
https://www.ft.com/content/4a974a72-7bb ... 85092ab560

La production de Cuivre est à l'arrêt. Le gouvernement Zambien veut fiche Vedenta dehors.
Production stalled at Vedanta Resources' Konkola Copper Mines

May 31 2019

Zambia's Konkola Copper Mines (KCM) is not producing copper, the chief executive of the mining firm's owner Vedanta Resources said on Friday.

Vedanta is fighting Zambia's decision this month to name a provisional liquidator to run Vedanta Resources' 90,000 tonnes KCM business and said in a statement that it was seeking international arbitration.

Legal proceedings in Zambia have been adjourned to June 4. Zambia's Chamber of Mines said last week that Africa's second largest copper producer was at risk of a drastic fall in copper output because of recent tax changes.

"From what we understand, there is not any production coming out of the mine," Vedanta Resources CEO Srinivaan Vekatakrishnan said on a conference call on Friday.

A mining industry source with knowledge of KCM's operations said it had not been in production for several weeks.

"They owe a lot of money and with no mining taking place for several weeks, even concentrate suppliers want first to be paid outstanding amounts and upfront payments for fresh supplies," the source told Reuters on condition of anonymity.

KCM miners were paid this week after a delay of around three days.
http://www.mining.com/web/production-st ... per-mines/

Kazahks et Chinois lorgnent la dépouille si la mine est saisie par la Zambie
Vedanta's KCM unit said to attract Kazakh, Chinese interest
30 may 2019

Eurasian Resources Group and China Non-Ferrous Metals Co. expressed interest in buying Konkola Copper Mines, should the Zambian government succeed in seizing it from Vedanta Resources Ltd., people familiar with the situation said.

Eurasian Resources, owned by three Kazakh billionaires, approached the government about two months ago, according to the people, who declined to be identified by name because the information is private. CNMC also wanted to buy the assets, they said. The Chinese company offered to spend $2.5 billion on development, one person said.

At stake are copper mines and resources in one of the world’s richest deposits, which stretches from Zambia’s Copperbelt region into southern Democratic Republic of Congo. Zambia, cash-strapped and struggling to contain debt, says Vedanta hasn’t met its investment promises and paid too little tax, while the company says it is a “loyal investor” that’s spent more than $3 billion in the country since 2004.

Vedanta, majority owned by Indian billionaire Anil Agarwal, says the deposits could be mined for another 50 years. The company valued the assets at $1.6 billion in its last annual report. Agarwal, in a “personal message” published in the Zambia Daily Mail newspaper Wednesday, said the attempted liquidation of KCM “can only hurt the country’s hard-earned democracy and investor-friendly status.”

KCM’s flagship operation is Konkola Deep, which extends almost a mile underground and is one of the world’s wettest mines, with the equivalent of 140 Olympic-sized swimming pools’ water pumped to the surface daily. The ore bodies also contain cobalt, a prized metal used in rechargeable batteries that power mobile phones and electric cars.
http://www.mining.com/web/vedantas-kcm- ... -interest/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 16 juin 2019, 11:17

Freeport Indonesia va construire une raffinerie de Cuivre sur place pour traiter 2 millions de tonnes annuel de concentré de Cuivre de la mine de Grasberg.
Freeport Indonesia to start smelter construction mid-2020

Reuters | June 12, 2019

The Indonesian unit of Freeport-McMoRan Inc is aiming to start construction of a copper smelter in mid-2020, PT Freeport Indonesia spokesman Riza Pratama told reporters on Wednesday.

Pratama said the smelter is scheduled to start production late in 2023, with input capacity of 2 million tonnes of copper concentrate.

Freeport agreed to build a copper smelter in Indonesia within five years of closing a deal last December with the Indonesian government on the operatorship of the giant Grasberg copper mine.

Meanwhile, Freeport Indonesia plans to request an additional export quota, Pratama said on Wednesday, without disclosing the amount. Freeport currently has a one-year permit to export 198,282 wet tonnes of copper concentrate.
https://www.mining.com/web/freeport-ind ... -mid-2020/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 22 juin 2019, 10:23

Suite de post du 27 avril 2019 http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 8#p2283298
RDC : la mine Kakula en bonne voie pour entrer en production en 2021

Agence Ecofin 17 juin 2019

En RDC, la mine Kakula devrait produire son premier concentré de cuivre, d’ici le troisième trimestre 2021. Dans une mise à jour opérationnelle, publiée lundi, Ivanhoe Mines a indiqué que de grands progrès ont été réalisés dans la construction de la mine, première étape du développement du grand projet Kamoa-Kakula.

Les travaux de terrassement pour l’usine de traitement ont démarré et des appels d’offres ont été lancés pour les équipements d’extraction et de traitement.

« Le développement de la mine Kakula devant bientôt être entièrement financé, nous essayons maintenant d’accélérer la construction de l’infrastructure de surface et de l’usine de traitement », a déclaré le coprésident Robert Friedland (photo).

En dehors du projet Kamoa-Kakula, les autres projets d’Ivanhoe comprennent les mines Kipushi (RDC) et Platreef (Afrique du Sud).
https://www.agenceecofin.com/cuivre/170 ... on-en-2021

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 23 juin 2019, 08:52

Suite de ce post du 22 avril 2019 http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 0#p2283080

Taseko arrive à une dissolution de cuivre de 1600 ppm dans le leaching in situ dans sa ligne pilote. Ça en fait un grade commercialement acceptable.
Taseko’s Florence mine reaches commercial grade leach solution

Canadian Mining Journal | June 20, 2019

Image courtesy of Taseko Mines

Taseko Mines says after running the test facility for only six months, the leach solution from its Florence in situ copper mine has reached commercial grade – 1,600 ppm of copper in solution. The project is about midway between Phoenix and Tucson.

Taseko CEO Russ Hallbauer said, “Based on previous bench scale testing, we expected it would take upwards of a year to reach target solution grade, so we are obviously extremely pleased to have achieved this milestone after such a short period of time.”

The company has taken a two-step approach to the Florence mine. First, it ran the test facility to gain experience among its employees. With that knowledge the commercial facility will be built and the scale up to final operating parameters should be smooth.

Taseko is now focused on three initiatives – technical, permitting and financing. The goal is to have the project shovel ready in the first half of 2020 followed by commercial production in 2021. The company recently filed an amended aquifer protection permit with the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality. The other critical permit is the underground injection control permit, and application will be made to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in the coming weeks.
https://www.mining.com/tasekos-florence ... -solution/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 23 juin 2019, 09:11

Suite de ce post du 2 juin 2019 http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 3#p2284243

En Zambie la mine de Konkola ou Vedenta s'est fait exproprié cherche un acheteur.

Zambia to choose buyer for Vedanta unit in July, Lungu says

Bloomberg News | June 20, 2019

Zambia’s government expects to conclude talks with potential buyers of Vedanta Resources Ltd.’s local copper unit within a month, President Edgar Lungu told Bloomberg.
The government received expressions of interest for the unit, Konkola Copper Mines, from companies based in Turkey, Russia, India, Canada and China, Lungu said in an interview Wednesday. He didn’t identify the firms.
https://www.mining.com/web/zambia-to-ch ... ungu-says/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 06 juil. 2019, 10:25

Maroc : Managem confie à DRA Global l’étude de faisabilité bancable de la mine de Cuivre de Tizert

Agence Ecofin 2 juillet 2019

Le groupe Managem a engagé la firme d’ingénierie DRA Global pour réaliser l’étude de faisabilité bancable de son projet de cuivre à Tizert, au Maroc.

L’étude qui sera réalisée par le bureau de DRA à Montréal prendra en compte l’exploitation minière, le remblayage, le transport du minerai, l’usine de traitement et les infrastructures. Elle devrait être achevée au cours du deuxième trimestre 2020.

La mine souterraine de Tizert cible une production de 3,3 millions de tonnes de minerai par an. Elle utilisera plusieurs méthodes d’extraction et le transfert de minerai du site minier à l’usine de traitement devrait se faire au moyen d’un téléphérique.

Situé dans la province de Souss-Massa, le projet est le plus grand gisement de la ceinture de cuivre de l’Anti-Atlas occidental.
https://www.agenceecofin.com/cuivre/020 ... -de-tizert

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 11 août 2019, 10:03

Projet d'une grosse mine de cuivre aux USA, Arizona.
Rio Tinto’s Resolution copper project in Arizona moves a step closer

Reuters | August 9, 2019

Aerial view of Resolution plant. Image by Resolution Copper.

Rio Tinto on Friday said it had moved a step closer to the development of a new copper project in Arizona, one of the few known major deposits of the metal, with the potential to meet around a quarter of U.S. demand.

Miners have been scouring the globe for new sources of copper – a mineral they predict will be in high demand as the world shifts towards renewable power and electric vehicles.

Resolution Copper, 55% owned by Rio Tinto and 45% by BHP , has spent years waiting for clearance from U.S. authorities to develop the underground mine.

On Friday, Rio Tinto said a 90-day public consultation would begin now that the U.S. States Forest Service had released a draft environmental impact statement (DEIS) following a six-year review of the planned mine.

The indepth review lays out the environmental challenges, solutions to them and benefits of the mine and is part of the final regulatory phase the project needs to clear.

Arnaud Soirat, Rio Tinto’s chief executive for copper and diamonds, said in a statement the publication of the DEIS was “a major permitting milestone” and the mine could meet up to 25% of U.S. copper demand.

Estimates so far suggest it could produce 40 billion pounds of copper over a 40 year-period.

U.S. Forest Service documents also say that minerals on the U.S. critical minerals list such as cobalt, manganese and vanadium could be present in “elevated concentrations” at Resolution.

Rio Tinto and BHP will have spent more than $2 billion to develop and permit the project by 2020, which is the deadline for the Forest Service to produce a final environmental impact survey.

Resolution can then come up with a finalised mine design, which could take several years, and begin construction.

U.S. President Donald Trump has emphasised the need for the United States to develop its own resources as he stokes trade tensions with China.

All commodity markets have come under pressure from the U.S. trade dispute with China but Soirat said long-term copper market fundamentals were strong.

“Rio Tinto will be well positioned to benefit from this demand outlook and to provide North American manufacturers with the materials that are essential to their products,” he said.

Mining projects notoriously take longer than expected and Rio Tinto’s share price has been hit by delays at its giant underground copper expansion project Oyu Tolgoi in Mongolia.
https://www.mining.com/web/rio-tintos-r ... ep-closer/

L'entrée Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resolution_Copper

La page Web sur le projet : https://resolutioncopper.com/resolution-copper-mine/

Une autre page qui résume bien le projet https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/projec ... r-project/
....... The Resolution copper project is expected to contain mineral resources of 1.7 billion metric tons, grading 1.52% Cu.
The project is anticipated to produce between 51,000 and 115,000 tons per day (tpd) of ore tons, grading more than 1.5% Cu.

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 11 août 2019, 10:14

Et j'avais loupé ça d'il y a 4 mois :
Rio Tinto injects another $302m into Resolution copper project in Arizona

Cecilia Jamasmie | April 15, 2019

Rio Tinto , the world’s second largest miner, will invest a further $302 million to advance its Resolution copper project, in the U.S. state of Arizona, as part of its drive to increase its exposure to the red metal, used in everything from electric vehicles to batteries.

The extra financing brings the total injected by Rio, which owns a 55% interest in the project, and its Resolution partner BHP (ASX, NYSE: BHP), which owns the remaining 45% interest, to over $2 billion since 2004.

The funds will be used bank-roll additional drilling, ore-body studies, infrastructure improvements and permitting activities needed to advance the project to the final stage of the permitting phase, Rio said in the statement.

“Resolution is one of the most significant undeveloped copper deposits in the world and this additional funding demonstrates Rio Tinto’s commitment to bring the mine into production,” chief executive Jean-Sébastien Jacques said.

Electric vehicles, battery storage, new transmission technology and other green energy innovations are highly copper intensive and the company wants to be prepared to meet that demand.

“Resolution is one of the most significant undeveloped copper deposits in the world [and it] will be well positioned to provide North American manufacturers the copper that is essential to their products,” Jacques said.

Resolution has an indicated and inferred resource of 1.78 billion tonnes at 1.53% copper. Once in production, which is unlikely to happen before 2030, the mine expected to supply almost a quarter of US demand for the metal for 40 years.

Rio has said it’s studying ways to open Resolution sooner — about a year or two — by making engineering changes, but nothing has been finalized.

The project sits on U.S. federal land, which makes its development more complicated than those that are on private land.

The U.S. Forest Service is expected to post a draft environmental study on the project by this summer, after which American Indian groups and others will be able to give feedback.
https://www.mining.com/rio-tinto-inject ... t-arizona/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 11 août 2019, 10:56

Suite de post du 21 avril 2015 http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 21#p375521
Peruvian government suspends Southern’s construction licence for Tía María project

Valentina Ruiz Leotaud | August 10, 2019

The Peruvian Ministry of Energy and Mines temporarily suspended a construction licence given to Southern Copper (NYSE:SCCO) for its $1.4-billion Tía María copper project, located in the southern Islay province of the Arequipa region.

The construction plan has been halted and readjusted twice since it first came up, around 2010, due to fierce opposition by locals who are worried about its environmental impacts and the possibility of an open-pit mine damaging crops.

Southern executives, however, are hopeful that the project will be developed by 2020. Once completed, the mine is expected to produce 120,000 tonnes of copper a year for an estimated 20-year lifespan.
https://www.mining.com/peruvian-governm ... a-project/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 11 août 2019, 11:15

En Europe le plus gros raffineur de Cuivre est Aurubis à Hambourg, Allemagne.
Ils achètent du minerai et le raffinent à Hambourg.

https://www.mining.com/web/aurubis-earn ... g-project/

Ils sont dans le tissus industriel de la ville
Aurubis is a leading worldwide provider of non-ferrous metals. We process complex metal concentrates and diverse recycling raw materials. Aurubis is the global leader for copper recycling.
https://www.aurubis.com/en

Ils ont une lettre d'information mensuelle sur les tendances du marché dans le cuivre https://www.aurubis.com/en/investor-rel ... opper-mail

Ils sont aussi un gros acteur dans le recyclage du cuivre et autre metaux
https://www.aurubis.com/en/products/rec ... -recycling
Aurubis efficiently processes a variety of recycling raw materials and recovers the individual metals in an environmentally sound manner that conserves resources with state-of-the-art recycling technologies. About 700,000 t of recycling raw materials of varying qualities and compositions are processed annually in our facilities.

Recyclage des métaux des cartes electroniques
https://www.aurubis.com/en/products/rec ... -materials

En Mai de cette année ils ont racheté pour 380 million d'euro la société Metallo group qui opére dans le recyclage de métaux non ferreux en Belgique et Espagne, 530 employés.
https://www.aurubis.com/en/public-relat ... 80-million

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 18 août 2019, 13:58

Suite de ce post du 5 mai 2019 http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 5#p2283575
Des nouvelles de Chuquicamata (chili) qui commence à utiliser l'activité souterraine à la place du ciel ouvert.
Machines to replace a third of workforce at Chuquicamata mine

Bloomberg News | August 14, 2019

Machines are taking over a giant Chilean copper mine, replacing about a third of the workforce as owner Codelco struggles to keep its title as the world’s largest producer of the metal.

Codelco officially inaugurated underground operations at its century-old Chuquicamata mine on Wednesday. The $5.5 billion project is the first of the state company’s multi-billion dollar effort to upgrade mining activities in order to boost productivity. The miner’s output fell to 1.68 million tons last year, from 1.73 million a year earlier as its higher-grade ore reserves decline.

About 1,700 jobs will be cut at the Chuquicamata project as operations shift to underground mining, from open pit. The switch is necessary as the state-run company aims to access higher grade ore through tunnels underneath the pit to avoid a production slump in the coming years.

“Reforms have never been painless, but we must do them,” Codelco Chief Executive Officer Nelson Pizarro said in a speech during the inauguration. “Digital transformation is our ally, the only thing that can help us satisfy environmental requirements, lower costs and empathize with communities.”

The underground mine will use conveyor belts to transport the mineral. It will need fewer truck drivers, and workers with different skills. The open pit will be shut at the end of 2020.

Workers won’t go without a fight. In July, about 3,200 Chuquicamata machine operators and maintenance workers staged a 14-day strike. Unions demanded to have a bigger say in the transition underground and retirement benefits for the people who won’t be employed in the new mine. The agreement reached at the end of the labor dispute included guarantees that Codelco will provide health coverage for miners after they retire.

Chuquicamata underground is a mine that will use the block-caving method to extract the mineral. Also implemented by Freeport-McMoRan Inc. at its Grasberg mine in Indonesia, it’s more efficient and cheaper than traditional underground mining. The method will reduce fuel consumption by 80% and automation will increase workers’ productivity by 40%.

“Mining will be a great business only for those willing to change,” Pizarro said. “After 104 years of uninterrupted activity, the world’s largest open pit mine is transformed today into one of the most modern underground mines in the world.”
https://www.mining.com/web/machines-to- ... pper-mine/

En 2020 il y aura 148 km de tunnels et galeries.

https://im-mining.com/2019/08/15/codelc ... lly-opens/

La technique du bloc caving est expliquée ici http://www.groundtruthtrekking.org/Issu ... ethod.html

Lien 3mn de vidéo de Atlas Copo https://youtu.be/PFVUqy3a6WQ

Et 6mn par Rio Tinto https://youtu.be/EGHfcRP-Vf8

Autre lien 3mn https://youtu.be/wb9RPgs7oAQ

Il y a apparition de subsidence (=affaissement) progressivement en surface, c'est assez bien expliqué dans cette vidéo pour le projet Resolution Copper (USA) dont j'ai parlé par ailleurs.
https://youtu.be/n21gHDPFFK8

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 25 août 2019, 09:20

Projet d'une grosse mine de Cuivre au Chili porté par une compagnie minière '' junior'' Canadienne.
1. 87 milliards de dollars d' investissements pour 45 ans d'exploitation.
C'est à 2000 m d'altitude.

Los Andes Copper to build “Chile’s next major mine”

Cecilia Jamasmie | August 21, 2019

Canadian junior Los Andes Copper is moving forward with plans to build a 110,000 tonne per day operation, which it believes will be Chile’s next major copper mine.

The company’s Vizcachitas project — a copper-molybdenum porphyry deposit 150 km northeast of Santiago — is one of the largest undeveloped deposits not held by a major mining company.

The proposed open-pit mine and concentrator is located at a relatively low elevation of 2,000 metres above sea level, and is just 65 km from a railway in San Felipe, with connections to the Port of Ventanas and two smelters, located 140 km and 90 km from the deposit.

It also sits in the same mineral belt as Antofagasta’s Los Pelambres, Codelco’s Andina and El Teniente, as well as Anglo American’s Los Bronces mines.

“The advantageous size and location of the resources allow the development of the project with a potential lower capital investment in infrastructure than most of the presently considered potential new green-field developments,” Los Andes Copper’s executive chairman, Fernando Porcile, told MINING.com.

After the recent publication of a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for the project, released in June, management is preparing a prefeasibility study (PFS) that expects to submit by the end of 2020. If all goes well, the company expects the approval process to take about two years.

Based on the PEA, Vizcachitas would be in operation for 45 years and would require an initial investment of $1.87 billion.

Chile’s President, Sebastián Piñera, recently submitted to Congress a series of modifications to a bill introduced earlier this year.

The proposed law would set stiffer fines and jail time for serious violations of the country’s environmental laws.

It would also make it a crime to mislead environmental inspectors or to obstruct the enforcement of environmental regulations in the world’s top copper producing country.

Referring to those developments, Porcile said that while the proposed modifications could eventually bring additional difficulties to the approval of projects, they reflect the need for companies to increase their commitment to environmental compliance.
https://www.mining.com/canadas-los-ande ... ajor-mine/

Sur le site de la compagnie minière Canadienne
https://www.losandescopper.com/projects/overview/

Le minerai est à 0.4 ~ 0.5 % de Cuivre
https://www.losandescopper.com/projects ... -estimate/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 25 août 2019, 09:23

Et d'autres consideration générales sur le cuivre au Chili :
Copper output in Chile is expected to exceed 6 million tonnes for the first time this year and continue to rise by about 30% over the next 10 years, according to the country’s state copper agency, Cochilco.

Output of the red metal, the agency says, could reach a record of 7.25 million tonnes as early as 2025, thanks mainly to new projects and planned expansions to come online this decade, as Chilean miners confront falling ore grades at older mines.

Production from existing, aging mines, Cochilco notes, will decline by 19% to 4.46 million tonnes annually, but the drop will be offset by new ventures and mine expansions.

The metal’s price has dropped by about 10% since April, and following a trend that many commodities have seen amid global economic instability, demand for the mineral has weakened.

Analysts, however, remain generally bullish about the red metal’s future as China pushes to develop the largest electric vehicle (EV) industry in the world. This effort means Chile’s copper industry, worth $31.5 billion a year, may soon become stage a major comeback.
https://www.mining.com/canadas-los-ande ... ajor-mine/

Répondre